    select Exit and Safe Settings
    tell it "Y" when it asks
    it'll reboot and it should work fine then

    Videos 4 Sale, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Videos 4 Sale

    Homie Guest

    Hi,
    If your cmos battery is weak , you may get this same error.
    If you have a VOM or DVM you can test the battery by connecting the negative lead to
    the case and touch the positive lead to the top side of the battery (set the meter to
    the volts dc range that gives the best resolution for 3 volts), if the battery reads
    any less than 2.8 volts, it's dead.
    Also, in bios/ soft menu III, look for a setting called "speed error hold" and disable
    it.
    In bios / standard cmos features set-up menu, the is a setting called "Halt On", set
    it to "no errors"
    You may also try setting up the CPU manually, once the settings are appropriate, hit
    "F-10" then hit enter or "Y" then enter depending on your bios version.
    If the problem persists, the next step is to "flash" your bios, as it may have become
    corrupt.

    Homie

    --
    Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

    http://motherboardrepair.com

    I have the following error message come up when i turn my computer on.
    I have followed the below instructions and nothing happens. I still
    get the error message. My computer was upgraded about a year and a
    half ago and has been working in that time. Until today. Does anyone
    know what i can do to fix it?

    "get into the bios (press delete when it gives you that message,
    should do
    it, otherwise just press delete repeatedly after resetting until you
    get in)
    go into CPU Soft Menu (it's there in the bios, probably the first
    option)
    set the type of CPU to an AthlonXP 2000+
    go out of the menu (press ESC)

    Homie, Aug 3, 2004

  3. "You may also try setting up the CPU manually" How does one set up manually?

    Videos 4 Sale, Aug 4, 2004
  4. "You may also try setting up the CPU manually"

    How does one set up manually? Sorry i seems to be a bit retarded lol

    Videos 4 Sale, Aug 4, 2004