    greyed out (although it looks correct) and the setting for my cpu is
    800(100)

    I just reset the CMOS and replaced the battery. I still get this error.

    Terry, Dec 23, 2005

  2. Terry wrote:

    | CPU is unworkable or has been changed, please recheck CPU
    | soft menu. I have read enough in this group to know that my
    | bios settings are not correct in the soft menu but I am not sure
    | what to set them too
    |
    | My chip is a P4 2.0 Ghz and it reports that after I press f1
    | My mobo is a TH7ii RAID.
    |

    | When I enter the bios by pressing del instead the info on my
    | chip is greyed out (although it looks correct) and the setting for
    | my cpu is 800(100)
    |
    | I just reset the CMOS and replaced the battery. I still get this
    | error.

    Hi Terry -

    Resetting the CMOS sets your motherboard to failsafe defaults. This results
    in a CMOS checksum error when you boot.

    Instead of pressing F1 when you get the checksum error, press DEL to go into
    the CMOS setup menus.

    Choose Load Optimized Defaults. This will cause the system to properly
    record your FSB and multiplier and resolve the checksum error.

    You'll have to make any additional customizations that were originally made
    when you first set up your computer, such as your use of as on-board
    peripherals and bootable devices.

    Jef

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood®, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Terry

    Terry Guest

    Press F1 and set to Load Optimized Defaults
    Press F10 and Save causes reboot.
    When the next boot cycles I still get this error.
    sigh

    Terry, Dec 23, 2005
  4. Terry

    Terry Guest

    The Press F1 should be DEL instead.

    I have changed my bios to optimized settings and still get CPU is
    unworkable.

    Terry, Dec 23, 2005
  5. Terry

    LostSoul Guest

    What memory you using ? Check to see if they are set to at least 2.5 cas
    setting in bios an save bios it will reboot. If this dont work up voltage on
    memory a little at a time an save bios it will reboot see if you get
    farther. If it makes it or almost goes to xp boot screen an quits add a
    little more voltage an save bios it will reboot an see if it get further you
    get idea right. But check manufacturer recommended highest voltage garantee
    like its rated at 2.65v on mine but i overclock so its up to 2.80v other
    wise it dont boot at 2.5mhz cpu 10multi x 250 fsb at memory cas 2.5 3-3-8 it
    will act funny or not boot at 2.65v on memory but runs fine at 2.80 volts on
    memory with above settings. Also what is the cas on the memory when you
    bought it if its cas 3 then it will need to be cas3 instead of 2.5 to boot.
    Is it dual channel 2 sticks if so move sticks to different slots but in
    dual.. Try to clear cmos again if that fails too HELP. MAke sure jumper is
    on right pins when done check manual., MAke sure cpu is seated firmly. thats
    about all i got to try an help. Just dont go over board on volts for memory
    but if its good memory high quality they usually handle 2.90 but my board
    only goes to 2.80 tops on a an8 fatality 939. Make sure also you have 4 pin
    power connector plugged in firmly dont break board though lol.

    LostSoul, Dec 24, 2005
  6. Terry

    Terry Guest

    My memory is Samsung MR16R1628AF0-CK8 256x4

    I Googled for it, but I only found people selling it. I did not find
    any specs.

    Terry, Dec 24, 2005
  7. Friedrich Wuelfing, Dec 24, 2005
  8. Terry

    Terry Guest

    My memory is My memory is Samsung MR16R1628AF0-CK8 256x4. Can you
    explain a little more how to change my voltage settings? I see nothing
    like that in the cmos.

    Terry, Dec 26, 2005