    has any one from you a spear cpu for sold

    thanks in advance
    maurizio

    mauric, Aug 2, 2003

  2. mauric

    Jason Wagner Guest

    SS20 can take 1, 2, 3 and 4 CPUs. Check Ebay.

    Jason Wagner, Aug 3, 2003

  3. This is news to me.

    Are there dual CPU cards available? Because an SS20 has only
    2 CPU slots.

    I'm familiar with dual processor SS20's, but haven't previously
    heard of a 3 or 4.

    CJ

    Chris Johnson, Aug 3, 2003
  4. mauric

    ultrasparc3 Guest

    yes.

    ultrasparc3, Aug 3, 2003
  5. mauric

    Yann Marigo Guest

    Hello,
    Yes i've a DualROSS 200Mhz on my SS20.

    Yann Marigo, Aug 3, 2003
  6. Yes you can have up to 4 CPUs in a SS20. Ross (now Bridgepoint) makes dual
    CPU modules (2 CPU on 1 MBUS card). Drop 2 dual 150s (and OBP 2.25) in and
    you have 4 CPUs. Not to mention one cranking system.

    Try a search on Ebay for "Sun Ross" or "hypersparc" and you'll find them.
    If you don't have the correct OBP (OpenBootPROM) version, there are plenty
    of places where you can buy/download it and flash the firmware.

    Hope this helps,
    Chris

    Chris Greenman, Aug 4, 2003
  7. mauric

    Glenn Guest

    + On 04-Aug-03 04:48:16
    I thought that the SS20 had its firmware on EPROM just like SS5 and SS10 ?
    ...if so, you can't flash them, you have to burn an EPROM and change it.

    ...Anyway.. if someone have the special ROSS firmware för SS10 I
    would love to get it, I already upgraded my SS10 to the latest firmware
    from Sun, but it gives a HUGE delay in cold booting, wich is solved
    by the special ROSS firmware AFAIK..

    Glenn, Aug 5, 2003