    nightmare Guest

    I have a k7vempro motherboard and was wondering if anyone knows if it
    supports any AMD cpus above the listed Athlon 1.33GHZ cpu?

    nightmare, Jan 11, 2005

  2. nightmare

    JamMail Guest

    Why not check the SOYO website? they have all this info there, ya know....

    JamMail, Jan 16, 2005

  3. nightmare

    seasalt726 Guest

    know....

    Here's the site info http://www.soyogroup.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=16 but I
    don't know.

    I had a K7VEMPRO and the manual said it supports Durons but would
    likely do faster CPU's as they came out. The above website, and someone
    at Soyo tech support told me I could pop in an AMD XP/Palomino. I put
    in the latest BIOS, popped in the CPU and it burnt up. Built maybe two
    dozen systems over the past 10 years. This was the only CPU that ever
    blew up. So I think there must be some early k7VEMPRO M/B's that may
    not comply.

    seasalt726, Jan 31, 2005