CPU Temp does not drop when idle again

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Laurent, May 31, 2004.

  1. Laurent

    Laurent Guest

    I have a problem with the CPU temperature on my system: After some CPU
    intensive tasks, the temperature does not revert to the one I had
    initially when I leave the PC idle. In fact the Temperature stays at the
    level it is at when the CPU activity is 100%.

    My system:

    Mobo: AK79G-1394 (Nforce-2)
    CPU: Xp-2500 Barton @1.82Ghz (no overclocking)
    1024MB RAM (2x512 MB DDR333 in dua channel config)
    80GB Seagate HDD (IDE)
    Zalman 300W Powe supply
    Saphire Radeon 9600 256MB Video card
    Windows XP pro

    When I reboot the pc, the problem goes away. If I just log-off and on, it
    is still there. I tried installing CPUidle t check the HLT activity on
    the CPU, but it does not help (shows CPU is 95% idle). I suspect the bios
    is the culprit here, but I do not know what to do next...

    Any idea what could be wrong?

    Thanks!

    Laurent, May 31, 2004

  2. Laurent

    john Guest

    try different temp monitor programs eg speedfan, motherboard monitor,
    an indoor/outdoor thermometer to see if it's really hot or a program
    error.

    john, Jun 1, 2004