    Køler:
    ThermalTake Silent Boost, XP > 3400+, Duron/T.Bird > 1400 MHz, 21 db

    Please help!!!

    [8000] Lasse Ramsgaard, Nov 17, 2003

  2. [8000] Lasse Ramsgaard

    J.Clarke Guest

    Is your machine running stably? If so then don't worry about--the
    Athlons are rated for 85-95C depending on the model. While most
    builders try to keep temperatures below 60 to allow for inaccuracies of
    measurement, if the machine is stable then 70 is fine.

    J.Clarke, Nov 17, 2003

  3. [8000] Lasse Ramsgaard

    Jerry Guest

    as the dude b4 me mentioned m8
    if its running stably then its fine.
    try and get the temp lower though if u can help it.
    how many case fans have u got in ur case?
    did u use decent thermal paste and not the crap that normally comes with the
    hsf?

    Jerry, Nov 18, 2003
  4. I don't have any case fans!!! Should I?? But even with the case sides off it
    still heats. I did use the crap thermal paste that came with the cooler.
    Before I mounted the cooler I tried with at Noise Control Silverado cooler
    running at full speed, with some artic silver thermal paste, but the result
    was the same..
    It runs 100 % stable, but I'm nervous that it will melt down!!

    [8000] Lasse Ramsgaard, Nov 18, 2003
  5. [8000] Lasse Ramsgaard

    DCstewieG Guest

    It will start freezing/resetting long before it "melts down" literally, I
    would think :) Consider lowering the CPU voltage in the BIOS. Knock it down
    a notch then run the computer for a day. If it is still stable, do it again.
    Once you get to the point where Windows freezes (or doesn't boot up at all),
    put it back up one or two notches. Yes it's kind of playing with fire, but
    it should never get to the point where you can't POST so everything should
    be okay.

    And yes, get some case fans.

    DCstewieG, Nov 18, 2003
  6. [8000] Lasse Ramsgaard

    BF Guest

    It won't hurt anything but it doesn't have to run
    that hot. You have no airflow without fans. For a
    couple dollars you will lower your temp
    considerably.

    BF, Nov 26, 2003
  7. [8000] Lasse Ramsgaard

    rotor Guest

    Get one of those solid Copper Heatsinks they are exellent!
    They drop your temp by at least 10 degrees or in yor case 15-20 but
    make sure you have a good airflow through your system coz the heat has
    got to go somewhere!

    rotor, Nov 26, 2003