    off and the CPU temp dropped 3-4 deg C).

    Questions: does a 52 deg C CPU temp seem high? The computer is on about 10
    hrs per day.

    Lee MacMillan, Jul 16, 2007

  2. Lee MacMillan

    Graham W Guest

    No. That's about right for your setup but if you wish, you could try to
    increase
    the area of the front vents. I did on my case and about tripled it!

    I sawed a couple of cuts down into the front plastic and then wiggled the
    'tounge' until it fractured and gave me a much enlarged vent. This reduces
    the amount of room air being inducted through the floppy and optical
    drives, too. This was located on the front panel underneath, so there's
    no visual impact from the mod.

    Graham W, Jul 16, 2007