CPU upgrade to AZ11

Discussion in 'FIC' started by barasch, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. barasch

    barasch Guest

    I got into my old AZ11 mboard to replace the the CPU fan and got to thinking
    how nice it would be to upgrade the CPU.

    Any idea about the limit on what I could upgrade my processor to without the
    headache of replacing the mboard?

    I don't know what revision my board is - I'll try and find out and repost here.

    A quick search of pricewatch.com reveals

    $96 - Athlon MP 1600
    $42 - Athlon MP 1.2GHz
    $43 - Athlon 1.33GHz 266 FSB
    $44 - Athlon 1.2GHz 266 FSB
    $69 - Athlon 950 200 FSB Sock A
    $48 - Athlon 900 200 FSB Sock A

    i'm sure I have socket A - but I don't know if I can go with the 266 FSB or
    not.

    What do you think?

    TIA,
    Sam

    barasch, Feb 25, 2004

  2. barasch

    barasch Guest

    ah - never mind - I just downloaded the compatibility report for the AZ11

    It only supports up to 1.1 ghz - I never upgrade unless I'm going to double
    the speed - just aint worth it

    barasch, Feb 25, 2004