    will I have to do a repair install?

    Any advice is appreciated.

    'pider

    Glasspider, Feb 1, 2008

  2. Glasspider

    Zadok Guest

    This board can use any Socket 939 Athlon64/FX processor while X2 3600+
    is AMD2 socket. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    -- Zadok
    ('¿')

    Zadok, Feb 1, 2008

  3. Glasspider

    kev Guest

    On 31 Jan 2008, the world was enlightened by Zadok's opinion about...
    It's a 939. A cache reduced Manchester (2x256KB L2) - ADA3600DAA4BV. Not offically
    listed at AMD and is supected to be a value processor that a box maker is liquidating.
    NewEgg is blowing them out for $53.99 at the moment.

    kev

    kev, Feb 1, 2008
  4. Glasspider

    kev Guest

    On 31 Jan 2008, the world was enlightened by Glasspider's opinion about...
    When I went from a 3000+ Winnie to a X2 4400+ Toledo, XP Pro SP2 picked up the processor
    change without skipping a beat. An update your BIOS to the latest version might be needed
    before you swap processors.

    HTH,

    kev

    kev, Feb 1, 2008
  5. Glasspider

    Glasspider Guest

    That is the one. I couldn't resist the price.

    'pider

    Glasspider, Feb 1, 2008
  6. Glasspider

    Glasspider Guest

    Thanks kev, that is good news. I have the latest bios version with X2
    support.
    Did you have to reset the CMOS?

    'pider

    Glasspider, Feb 1, 2008
  7. Glasspider

    kev Guest

    On 31 Jan 2008, the world was enlightened by Glasspider's opinion about...
    Nope. I just made sure everything was powered down before I swapped.

    kev

    --
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to
    your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

    The Eeeevil Cabal's Nine of Spades.
    Wickeddoll's on-demand FP guru.

    kev, Feb 1, 2008
  8. Glasspider

    Glasspider Guest

    That was a painless upgrade. I was worried for nothing. WinXP identified
    the processor and made its adjustments on the fly. All that was required
    was a reboot.

    The speed isn't much faster, but I really notice the doubled power. It
    has made a significant impact on encoding times and when I'm
    multi-tasking. I consider it $50 well spent.

    thanks again,

    'pider

    Glasspider, Feb 1, 2008
  9. Glasspider

    kev Guest

    On 01 Feb 2008, the world was enlightened by Glasspider's opinion about...
    I'm glad that everything went well.

    kev

    kev, Feb 2, 2008