    from another machine, nor iTunes etc.
    Please help ! What can I do?
    I switched to another user, same problem...

    phil, Jun 12, 2007

  2. phil

    zit Guest

    You don't give much detail.
    It installed and runs fine on my 10.4.9 PowerBook 800.
    I would:
    1. Try the install again.
    2. If that fails, then try the uninstaller that came with it.

    It does modify system files that would affect all users:

    ../System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app
    ../System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework
    ../System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
    WebCore.framework/WebCore
    ../System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/WebKit
    ../System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaScriptGlue.framework
    ../System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WebKitDashboardSupport.framework/
    Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
    JavaScriptCore.framework

    zit, Jun 13, 2007

  3. phil

    RPS Guest

    Only tangentially related, but I am asking everyone who may have aguess
    what could be wrong:

    On my G4 PB/ OSX 10.4.9, I installed Safari 3 Beta. All is well except
    I cannot close any windows except by quitting Safari. I can merge
    windows (which gets rid of all windows except one), delete tabs, but
    not delete a window itself.

    I uninstalled and then re-installed Safari, rebooted the computer many
    times; still the same problem persists.

    Nobody else here has encountered this problem. I have of course
    reported it to Apple. Any guess on what could be going on and how to
    fix it?

    RPS, Jun 13, 2007
  4. You mean close a window, not delete one.

    I believe that you have a third-party utility of some sort that is
    causing the problem. Try booting in Safe Mode and see what happens.

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 13, 2007
  5. phil

    RPS Guest

    What's the difference? I have been using the terms interchangeably,
    sorry for any confusion.
    How do I do that? Thanks.

    RPS, Jun 13, 2007
  6. What's the difference? I have been using the terms interchangeably,
    sorry for any confusion.[/QUOTE]

    It's a matter of correct terminology.

    1. Be sure the computer is shut down.
    2. Press the power button.
    3. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the
    Shift key.
    Tip: The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup
    tone but not before.
    4. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress
    indicator (looks like a spinning gear).

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 13, 2007