Create Overlay Failed PROBLEM

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Peter Bell, Nov 3, 2005.

  1. Peter Bell

    Peter Bell Guest

    Hi
    Have new laptop with ATI mobility Radeon 9600/9700 graphics.

    Using Win DVD 6 to play Dvd's.

    Worked very well until recently..... now comes up with
    "Create Overlay Failed"

    I think I have found the problem... run Direct x diagnostic tool and
    that throws up that.....
    Direct draw Acceleration Not Available
    Agp Texture Acceleration Not Available

    My mate has the same laptop and these are enabled on his, so something
    has kicked them out on my machine !

    How do I kick them in again please.

    I have tried .....re-installing graphic drivers/direct x/system restore
    and hardware acceleration is on full.

    Help

    Peter Bell, Nov 3, 2005

  2. Peter Bell

    First of One Guest

    Go into services.msc (type it in Start->Run) and make sure "ATiSmart" is set
    to auto.

    What motherboard chipset does your laptop use? If it's VIA, install the
    latest 4-in-1 drivers. If it's SiS, install the SiS AGP chipset driver. If
    it's Intel, install the Intel chipset driver.

    First of One, Nov 5, 2005