Creating an FTP account under OS X Server?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Andrew McCall, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. Hi Folks,

    I have an XServe connected to an XServe-RAID. This Xserve is going to
    be used for serving videos using QTSS.

    I am trying to create a user with no shell, that can FTP to the server
    and upload content to the RAID array... but I am not having much luck!

    I have created my user as normal in Workgroup Manager, and I have set
    their home directory to the /volumes/Xserve
    RAID/Library/QuickTimeStreaming/Movies but when the user FTP's in all
    they get is this:

    ftp> ls
    200 PORT command successful.
    150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for .
    Groups
    Public
    Users
    226 Transfer complete
    ftp 23 bytes recieved in 0.00Seconds

    They can't put anything on the server, and are getting permission
    denied.

    Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

    Thanks,

    Andrew McCall

    Andrew McCall, Oct 27, 2004