1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

Creative 5.1 audio cable

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by MisterChiversRegal, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. Are the 5.1 audio cables that come with Creative Inspire speakers (the 3x
    mini-plug - orange, lime green and black type) exclusive to Creative Labs?
    As I don't know what to actually search for on the net to buy one. I search
    for '5.1 audio cable' and the only ones I see are the home cinema style ones
    with the 6 inputs for all the speakers. Do only Creative sell these? If not,
    where can I buy one from (UK if poss) and what do I actually ask for?

    Thanks for any input.
    MisterChiversRegal, Mar 3, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. I think some Sony camcorders use the same cable.
    Sharanga Dayananda, Mar 3, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. http://tinyurl.com/4xr4g OR

    Should be what yer looking for though the colour coding may be a bit off.
    Sharanga Dayananda, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Sharanga Dayananda, Mar 3, 2005
  5. MisterChiversRegal, Mar 3, 2005
  6. MisterChiversRegal, Mar 3, 2005
  7. MisterChiversRegal

    Folk Guest

    I figure you could just get three bog-standard mini-plug cables and
    wrap a bit of tape around them if you like. I doubt there's anything
    special, besides the color coding and the fact that they're bundled
    Folk, Mar 4, 2005
  8. Hi
    You can use mini-plug to phono converter plugs on them and they should
    work fine.

    You need three cables and 9 phono to mini-plug converters.
    Sharanga Dayananda, Mar 4, 2005
  9. Oops! Sorry. My bad.

    You need two of these cables which'll give you all the channels except
    the front two (centre-sub-rear left-rear right-surround left-surround
    right). Out of these you use 2xphono to single mini-plug adapters (like
    when connecting a PC to a stereo using analogue connectors) and you use
    'em on the two additional outputs. For the the front two channels you
    just use a vanilla mini-plug to phono converter.
    Sharanga Dayananda, Mar 4, 2005
  10. Yes, I suspected that this may be a good option - failing all else.

    I'm not sure if they are exclusive to Creative - I think a lot of brands use
    them for PC based surround speakers - so you would have thought you could
    buy them from a good outlet. Maplin and Micro Direct in Manchester are the
    two best shops I know of for this kinda stuff - and they don't sell them.
    Maybe your way is the best way to do this. Thank you.
    MisterChiversRegal, Mar 4, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.