    the UK, but $ ok for comparison)

    Cheers

    Scott

    scott, Feb 2, 2004

  2. scott

    John Lewis Guest

    Slower (less expensive) memory is installed..

    If you buy a 5900XT(or SE,SP) do not expect it to overclock to 5900,
    or 5900Ultra rates. Overclock ability is always a 'privilege', not a
    'right'.... The manufacturer guarantees that the product works to
    spec, not above spec. As I said in another thread, if you buy a
    Toyota do not expect it to have Lexus specs.

    If you expect 5900 clock performance, then diligently seek a genuine
    5900 at the right price.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Feb 2, 2004

  3. scott

    chris Guest

    www.dabs.com are doing the Aopen FX5900 for £140. I put an Aopen VIVO
    gf4ti4200 in a rig I built for a friend of mine and it has performed
    flawlessly to date. This has made me consider upgrading from my creative
    gf4ti4400 to the Aopen fx5900. Although with new hardware supposedly coming
    out prices for the old kit is supposed to drop, making me wonder if its
    worth waiting a bit longer for the 5900U's to drop a bit more. ho hum.

    Whatever I get it will still be nvidia tho, can't be doing with all the
    patches to get the ati's to work ok. The 44.04's on my 4400 seem to handle
    everything pretty good, even CoD.

    Best price I've seen for a fx5900 over here:

    http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/components/graphicscards/productView.htm?quicklinx=2S00

    regards

    chris

    chris, Feb 2, 2004
  4. scott

    chris Guest

    Link doesn't work any more as they've sold all they had in stock (27) since
    this was posted.

    chris

    chris, Feb 5, 2004
  5. scott

    Adam Jackson Guest

    It's working OK. Showing stock in 2-3 days. When I ordered mine yesterday,
    it was showing 3-4 days & my order says "stock expected 10/02/2004", so I'd
    guess (& hope!) that it's very much live & available...

    Adam Jackson, Feb 8, 2004