    Chris Roth Guest

    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card? COmments on this sound card
    plz... is it any good for my logitech z-680 speakers?

    Chris Roth, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Chris Roth

    Simon Bussey Guest

    I didn't know ATI made a video card called the soundblaster live?! I thought
    it was something absolutly completly unrelated... oh well silly me

    Simon Bussey, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Chris Roth

    Kjell S. Guest

    @news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>,
    You don't want a live, you want an Audigy 2. Much better drivers, and
    far fewer problems.

    Kjell S., Oct 2, 2003
  4. Chris Roth

    Sleepy Ben Guest

    Ive had a SBLive value for 3 years now - never
    had any problems with it in any game but then I rarely
    bother with enabling EAX. Yes an Audigy is better but it costs more.

    Sleepy Ben, Oct 2, 2003
  5. Chris Roth

    Bratboy Guest

    Yep and even those will be harder to come, based on posts Ive seen in the
    <gasp, shock awe> Products.Sound_blaster_live NG on Creatives news sever at
    news.creative.com , hehe. Ppl seem to be finding supplies dwindling now that
    CL is putting out new version. Anyway Live was good for its day, troublesome
    but still good and the best surround analog out it can do is its 4 speaker.
    You can get much better now for about the same price.

    Just Jess Jesting

    When you tell someone to goto Hell, be curtious and give em a map so they
    don't get lost on the way ?:^)

    Bratboy, Oct 2, 2003
  6. Chris Roth

    Skid Guest

    Totally OT in this group. However, it's about the last sound card on Earth I
    would buy. It's decent hardware, but Creative software and support are
    notoriously bad and have screwed up many a system with conflicts and
    resource-hogging. Check out the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz or Hercules
    Fortissimo series for better cards at similar prices.

    Skid, Oct 2, 2003
  7. Chris Roth

    Stan Guest

    My Sound Blaster Live Value does great outputting to my stereo..but.
    Don't turn the volume from sound card wide open or you will strain the
    card and get a scratchy sound from your speakers...Stan

    Stan, Oct 6, 2003