    attempting to play music off the HDD. I notice there are pins for on the
    card, one of which I know is for connecting the card to a CD rom, but am I
    supposed to also be connecting some wire from the card to the MOBO?

    Wilson, Dec 11, 2005

  2. Wilson

    Wilson Guest

    I should have told you I guess. The card is installed in system properties
    with no exclamation point. It says working properly.

    Wilson, Dec 11, 2005

  3. No. If the motherboard has onboard sound then it may still be in use.
    Try disabling it in the BIOS.

    Robert Hancock, Dec 11, 2005
  4. Wilson

    Wilson Guest

    Well, I uninstalled my new ATI radeon and removed it from the MOBO
    physically and then reinstalled the sound card. It came right up with no
    problems at all. I had noticed that the new video card installed several
    things under the Sound Properties in Windows Device Properties.

    I will now try to reinstall the video card now that I have the sound card
    working right. But I think I am going to have to get a less demanding video
    card. This ATI radeon x800 256 bit is probably not going to work well with
    my old Asus MOBO.

    Wilson, Dec 12, 2005
  5. Wilson

    grumpy Guest

    Did you remember to plug in the speakers?

    grumpy, Dec 12, 2005