    and put the Live back in and the sound is only coming from the LEFT* channel
    this time (maybe I was mistaken from before, I can't be sure)

    Anyone have any suggestions?

    Martin Brindle, Sep 6, 2003

  2. Martin Brindle

    Shep© Guest

    What O/S?

    Shep©, Sep 6, 2003

  3. What O/S?

    Windows XP, all latest drivers etc

    Martin Brindle, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Martin Brindle

    Shep© Guest

    Well I suspect the old card may be faulty then.Can you try it in
    another system?
    As for the new card make sure you fully remove the old card's software
    and drivers before installing it.Use Safemode to check the Device
    Mangler as per,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/drivers.html

    HTH :)

    Shep©, Sep 7, 2003
  5. Thanks, but I've tried all that. I think I've got a problem of
    incompatibility with my system, and although Creative could probably solve
    it, why should they (they have my money now), and it's not like I can easily
    take it back, as there's nothing particular wrong with it. There a
    conspiracy at work here, if you ask me.

    Martin

    Martin Brindle, Sep 8, 2003
  6. Martin Brindle

    Shep© Guest

    Does your mother board have an on board sound chip?

    Shep©, Sep 8, 2003
  7. Nope.

    Martin Brindle, Sep 8, 2003
  8. Martin Brindle

    Shep© Guest

    Have you tried different PCI slots?

    Shep©, Sep 8, 2003
  9. Martin Brindle

    Shep©, Sep 8, 2003
  10. Martin Brindle

    Milo Guest

    I had this problem and it turned out to be a faulty cable from my
    sound card to my amp. Changed the cable and all was calm.

    just a thought

    Milo, Sep 16, 2003
  11. Martin Brindle

    Doc Guest

    As you're probably already aware, the cause/solution to this can be
    anything from something ridiculously simple to something involved -
    driver issues, mobo incompatibility, etc.

    First, since you mentioned you tried installing an Audigy, make sure
    ALL traces of it are gone. It's a bit more involved than just doing
    "remove" fom the control panel. There are ini, dll, & other files,
    registry entries etc. that get still get left behind. Creative has
    some good tutorials on how to totally clean up in their knowledge
    base. This also applies when un-installing that Live card.

    If you know this already and have a list of all the files you need to
    look for, look at the ridiculously simple stuff, primarily the
    physical connections between your soundcard and the speakers before
    beating your brains out with more esoteric issues. Those 1/8" jacks
    aren't all that robust, the connections could be bad or and the patch
    cords/plugs yo're using could have a bad wire. You mentioned the
    problem seems to have switched sides. Have you tried swapping the
    wires going to the speakers to see if the problem re-swaps? Have you
    tried different patch cords? What about whatever amp you're using for
    the speakers? Do you know for a fact that it's good?

    Doc, Sep 19, 2003