crisis recovery fails

Discussion in 'Acer' started by wjdavis5, Dec 10, 2009.

  1. wjdavis5

    wjdavis5

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2009
    acer aspire 6530

    ok, classic 'im stupid and used windows to flash bios' story. needless to say flash fails, bios corrupt and nothing but flashing power light on reboot.

    ok so i google it find the crisis program ..... check
    find another version of crisis by hp, downloaded it too ..... check
    download 3 different versions of the bios off acers website ...... .check
    usb floppy drive ..... check
    floppy disks....... check
    make boot disk using acer's crisis prog....... check
    replace BIOS.WPH with new downloaded BIOS...... check
    remove battery, plug in AC ....... check
    hol Fn+ESC and turn on laptop ........ check

    floppy drive is accessed for about 4 min. then lights go off on floppy drive
    laptop never does anything after that, no reboot nothing

    after manual reboot back to square one, no POST nothing

    I've used all three versions of the bios off Acers website. I've tried making the disk with HPs software. I get the exact same results every single time.

    wtf am i doing wrong.

    wjdavis5, Dec 10, 2009
  2. wjdavis5

    wjdavis5