1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

Cross over cable connection to share files

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Lawrencethe1st, Feb 10, 2004.

1. I tried to use a cross over cable to share files and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have to use the set up network wizzard on both computers and even then it's hit or miss and now never allows me to be online with both computers connected to the internet at the same time. I know it will work that way because once it was working that way for a while. The cross over connection slows down the Notebook and I need to re-install the original software but can't find it anywhere. There is no outside disk for the software and when looking in search for the setup that I saved after installing it the first time I can't find it at all. The Note book when unpluged works fine on all programs now except getting connected to the internet on it's own. Am I going to have to buy the complete Windows XP Tablet PC Edtion to correct the problem and if I do how will I install it when I have not docking station with multi bay CD or DVD drive? Anyone who can help me with this can e-mail me directly since I may not be able to check where the answer may be seen. I am new at this.

Lawrencethe1st, Feb 10, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question