Cross Platform Presentation Format...???

Discussion in 'Apple' started by The Translucent Amoebae, Nov 29, 2007.

  1. i would like to make a fun big, complicated Chrstmsa ( sic ) card/zyne
    this year, only without the printing...

    ( If this is not immediately meaningful to you, The Zyne form would
    consist of creating a vanity staplebook, by combining several sheets
    of 8 1/2 by 11_inch paper, folded over, and stapled, to create little
    books... )

    But the printing for a few dozens of these, in color, would cost a
    lot, by my standards...

    So the thought suddenly occurred to me; Why not just create an
    electronic version, and email them to everyone.

    What is a nice Cheap/FREE Cross Platform Presentation Format for
    something like this...???
    i naturally considered just putting this on my blog or creating a set
    on Flickr with all the pages...
    But these would both present the pages, substantially smaller than
    full screen size.

    So that's what i would like, to fill up the users screen as much as
    possible...

    Thanx!

    The Translucent Amoebae, Nov 29, 2007

  2. Create it in Pages, MS Word, or whatever, and print to PDF. Then email
    the PDFs to whomever. Or publish the PDF to your web site.

    Regardless of how you do it, the receiver can set the size of the
    display to whatever they want, so even if you want to fill their screen,
    they can choose not to let that happen.

    Michelle Steiner, Nov 29, 2007

  3. The Translucent Amoebae

    Guest Guest

    Just do it in any program you already use, then when you 'print',
    instead of sending it to a printer, select 'save as pdf' under the PDF
    menu in the lower left corner of the print dialog.

    Andy

    Guest, Nov 29, 2007
  4. So if it's simply odd and suspicious looking, i am forced to just let
    it stand, and accept all the rude comments that are sure to
    follow...???

    The spelling Chrstmsa is derivative of my own name's spelling and a
    general loathing of the usual x-mass tidings.

    The Translucent Amoebae, Nov 29, 2007
  5. Perhaps you're new to this group; but i'm an habitual Neologist.
    Some of the members of this group have begrudgingly accepted this,
    Others have not.

    The Translucent Amoebae, Nov 29, 2007
  6. thanx for everyone's comments and suggestions...!!!
    i ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO start reading the instruction manuals for all the
    programs i have on this stupid box...!!!

    Also: My family is aware that i am ACTUALLY, REALLY AND REALLY,
    Mentally disabled, and don't mention such things.

    [ Schizoid Personality / Asperger's ]

    Sproogles...!

    The Translucent Amoebae, Nov 29, 2007
  7. As for the Tacky Aspect...
    It's been my feeling for a long time that X-Mas Cards are the very
    quintessence of an Anti-Present...!!! In that they are woefully mass
    produced and very often, not even signed, or signed mechanically, or
    xeroxed with a signature.

    Such behavior is deeply evil.

    It's my thinking that the card is merely a vehicle for a letter of
    actual witty or heartfelt correspondence.

    So although there is much consideration that the trend towards
    electronic transmission of data from paper & ink is representative of
    the de-evolution of culture and society, i agree completely that the
    paper & ink versons, if done well ( IF DONE WELL - With The "Personal
    Touch" ) is Far Superior to most any Electronic Version...

    But of course; What if the Electronic Version were VERY Fancy, with
    Video and genuine humor and wit, and THE SUBTLE TOUCH.

    So -- It's an equation of various elements, and which type will have
    the most desirable end effect?

    i would like to believe that my presentation will have sufficient
    creative elements to make up the lack of an actual ribbon tied around
    it.

    The Translucent Amoebae, Nov 29, 2007
  8. The problem is that dilettante neologists aren't interested in
    communicating effectively; they just like to try to show off by
    inventing new words where none are needed.

    Michelle Steiner, Nov 29, 2007
  9. i'm not familiar with this CocoaBooklet, but i would guess, from my
    familiarity with what i call "StapleBooks" that you would have to fold
    this in such and such a way, and then possibly staple the seam, and
    possibly trim some of the edges.

    A 32 Page StapleBook from a single sheet of typing paper will make a
    nice little book, but it requires quite a bit of forethought...!

    The most number of pages that you can get from a single sheet of
    typing paper that 'really' works well is around 72 pages... But
    they're getting pretty small by then...! Lots of very careful folding
    and trimming are required...!

    The Translucent Amoebae, Nov 29, 2007
  10. The Translucent Amoebae

    Ian Gregory Guest

    I disunarguate that strine of reasonationism.

    Ian

    Ian Gregory, Nov 30, 2007
  11. The Translucent Amoebae

    Beth C Guest

    After a news report of where all the so call donations go to charities
    like that I don't donate anymore. only 1% of what is donated goes to
    the cause.

    Beth C, Nov 30, 2007
  12. The Translucent Amoebae

    Warren Oates Guest

    Usenet isn't your best sandbox then.
    Asparagus?

    Warren Oates, Nov 30, 2007
  13. The Translucent Amoebae

    Kurt Ullman Guest

    In case you aren't kidding and for those playing at home. Asperger's
    syndrome is a high functioning form of autism.

    Kurt Ullman, Nov 30, 2007
  14. The Translucent Amoebae

    Beth C Guest

    Look you asked for help. Sometimes we get people in here that can't
    spell worth beans. Sorry if we misunderstood your spelling for the
    word we spell in English like this Christmas.

    Beth C, Nov 30, 2007