Cross reference for PB/NEC format numbers, system numbers, CDs, etc

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by SV, Sep 26, 2005.

  1. SV

    SV Guest

    I got my first NEC (a 5010, 486 DX4-100 if memory serves) way back when.
    After several more systems over the years, I began using my experience to
    try to keep older NEC machines out of the landfill. Now I've accumulated a
    fair number of NEC Master Restore CDs. After NEC and PB got together, I
    started trying to do the same w/ some PBs as well.

    Is there any kind of online reference, spreadsheet, printed resource, etc.,
    I could use for the following types of scenarios:

    Find the correct HD format number for a given NEC or PB model or serial
    number?

    Figure out what systems can be restored from a given CD number?

    Figure out what CD number is required for restoring a given system?

    Any pointers along those lines would be greatly appreciated.

    Yours,
    JEFF

    SV, Sep 26, 2005