    Intel Q8200
    OCZ500MXSP power supply
    EVGA 7900 GT KO video

    Bob F, Oct 29, 2010

  2. Bob F

    Paul Guest

    Read the customer reviews under the "Feedback" tab. Bad reviews.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148211&Tpk=BL25664AA80A

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 29, 2010

  3. Bob F

    Bob F Guest

    Bob F, Oct 29, 2010
  4. Bob F

    Paul Guest

    Since when do big companies go out of their way to do the right thing ?

    You could:

    1) Use the warranty, to get the module replaced.
    2) Immediately sell the (now good) module on Ebay.
    3) Use the money to buy a brand of memory, with good Newegg reviews.

    Or, if the value of the module is low enough, just
    "bury them in the back yard", and buy some modules
    from another company. A company with good Newegg
    reviews.

    The last time I bought memory, those reviews did help,
    and I ended up buying a different brand of memory than
    my original plan. I didn't buy the modules from Newegg,
    but I used their reviews to make my buying decision.

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 29, 2010
  5. I've heard of one person getting Crucial to exchange his Ballistix
    PC6400 modules for regular PC6400 modules containing chips rated for
    1.8V and 6-6-6-18. The slower timings won't be noticeable in real
    life because of the CPU caching. It's best to avoid memory modules
    whose chips don't have the real chip manufacturer clearly visible on
    the chip packages, and DDR2 chips aren't rated for 2.0V unless they
    failed chip factory testing at the normal 1.8V.

    larry moe 'n curly, Oct 30, 2010
  6. Bob F

    tanstafl Guest

    tanstafl, Jan 3, 2011
  7. Bob F

    tanstafl Guest

    Sorry for the empty post - finger check :-( Now you've heard of two
    people with the same experience. On the third RMA I asked them to
    substitute and send the non-Ballistix RAM is should have bought in the
    first place. They did so with no arm twisting at all. I have no idea
    whether the problem was due to questionably sourced (& hidden) chips,
    or restricted airflow due to the heat sinks. Thankfully, Crucial is
    good on their lifetime warranty with no jerking around.

    tanstafl, Jan 3, 2011
  8. Bob F

    JShepherd Guest

    I got 4 sticks of these, 3 of them failed diag tests after just over a year.
    Crucial was good about quickly replacing them.

    The replacements have been fine .. so far.

    JShepherd, Jan 3, 2011