    but nothing happens when I push the buttons on the remote. I've also tried
    putting fresh new batteries in it.

    Any Ideas out there??

    Lord Dragosani, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Lord Dragosani

    jOhN Guest

    WOL (Wake on LAN) needs to be enabled in the bios. Most everyone gets
    tripped up by this :)

    jOhN, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Lord Dragosani

    Lazarus Guest

    you MUST connect the W.O.L lead from the c box to the mb and then switch it
    on in the bios.

    Then your remote will work ok!

    Lazarus, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, it still isn't working.

    I notice that there is a red LED near the top of the remote. Shouldn't it
    flash or turn on or something when I push the buttons?? Mine doesn't do
    anything. Again, I've tried replacing the batteries, but it seems like the
    thing is dead.

    Maybe I just have a bad remote.

    Lord Dragosani, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Lord Dragosani

    Lazarus Guest

    Funny....I just returned mine and got a new one....the original one died
    when I was using it.........

    You are not using an infra red keyboard by any chance? that can mess with
    it!

    Do you have USB COMPOSITE listed in device manager?

    Lazarus, Feb 18, 2004
  6. Lord Dragosani

    Lazarus Guest

    The LED is a strange beast......the first time i ever inserted batteries and
    pressed the mouse pad the led flashed red once.

    At the time I didnt have the WOL connected.

    It has never ever flashed again even when inserting new batts so either it
    was an indicator that WOL wasnt connected or its a factory preset and only
    ever flashes once when you first use it to indicate its working ok

    Thats all I can think of!

    Lazarus, Feb 18, 2004