    - hit ctrl-alt-del, can see ctrl and alt keys push on the on-screen
    keyboard, but not del and it does not change to the username/password screen
    - hard power cycle reboot did the trick

    mick, Aug 12, 2005

  2. mick

    Chris H. Guest

    You didn't say which Tablet PC you've got, Mick, and whether you've got a
    convertible or slate model, so it is a bit difficult to offer suggestions.
    If your machine has the various Tablet buttons, read your documentation and
    you may be able to program one of the buttons for the complete action you
    desire.

    Chris H., Aug 12, 2005

  3. mick

    mick Guest

    You are right. I did leave out the details. Sorry very busy morning.

    We have 10 HP Compaq TC1100s in production. The ctrl-alt-del from keyboard
    and from the slate button have worked fine. Today it is this one tablet that
    has exibited this bizare behavior.

    So, when the tablet has the keyboard attached and open, I can see the ctrl
    and alt buttons on the onscreen keyboard light up, but not the del key.

    Also, when pushing the ctrl-alt-del button with the keyboard folded back (or
    open for that matter) I get the same behavior.

    mick, Aug 12, 2005
  4. mick

    Chris H. Guest

    Hmmm. You might try reinstalling just the button software on that machine.
    Or, drats!, perhaps the keyboard is faulty? Can Ctrl-Alt-Del be used once
    the machine is booted to the desktop to bring up Windows Task Manager?

    Chris H., Aug 12, 2005
  5. mick

    mick Guest

    Ctl-Alt-Del works fine when logging into the system after boot up. It seems
    restricted to when the users session is locked. Also, the Ctl-Alt-Del Button
    is not on the keyboard, and it exhibits the same behavior.

    mick, Aug 15, 2005