CUPS: Are you able to add printer from web interface ?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by JF Mezei, Sep 13, 2010.

  1. JF Mezei

    JF Mezei Guest

    OS-X 10.6 (both server and desktop).

    http://127.0.0.1:631 yields the CUPS web interface.

    Click on Administratation, then in the Printers area, "Add Printer".

    On my systems, this does zilch. Nada. Page stays there. Is that the
    same for everyone ?

    Must one authenticate to CUPS before doing systemn administration, or
    does it accept any call coming from the same machine without asking for
    login credientials ? In the above example, I am not prompted for any
    authentication.

    Also, in the "Server" area, if I try to click "Allow Remote
    Administration", and then "Change Settings", the Allow Remote
    Administation is reset to 0 (unchecked).

    If one must authenticate, how does one trigger the authentication on the
    web interface ?

    JF Mezei, Sep 13, 2010

  2. JF Mezei

    JF Mezei Guest

    Wow ! many thanks. It works ! Miracle !

    OUt of curiosity, what would I have had to do to find this information
    on the Apple site ?

    Often, people point me to technical notes, but I can never seem to find
    them when I search on my own.

    JF Mezei, Sep 13, 2010