    January.
    Will I be able to run the new Aero environment of Vista or the 64MB of
    my ATI graphics are inadequate for that? Thanks!

    Vassilis, Jun 29, 2006

  2. Vassilis

    John Navas Guest

    John Navas, Jun 29, 2006

  3. Vassilis

    JHEM Guest

    I've got it installed on a 5K80 on my backup T41p, runs a treat.

    Also put the latest NRFPT Beta 2 of Office 2007 on it and they play very
    well together.

    JHEM, Jun 29, 2006
  4. Vassilis

    John Navas Guest

    I'm willing to bet that Microsoft will back off on that by the time it's
    released in order to avoid a lot of unnecessary pushback from the
    market. It's getting harder and harder to convince the market to
    upgrade, and this isn't going to help. Likewise the recommended 15 GB
    or free disk space. Can you spell B L O A T?!

    All in all I'm underwhelmed by Vista, which looks to me like very poor
    price performance.

    John Navas, Jun 30, 2006
  5. Vassilis

    Vassilis Guest

    You really bought a Thinkpad with 128MB of dedicated graphics memory?
    And I thought my T43 was full-featured. I still hope that Vista will
    run decently, if I choose to update, that is... :)

    Thank you all for your input...

    Vassilis, Jun 30, 2006
  6. Vassilis

    JHEM Guest

    Both of my T41p machines have 128MB of VRAM.
    It will run just fine, you just won't be able to use the "Aero" display.

    JHEM, Jul 1, 2006
  7. Vassilis

    JHEM Guest

    Yes indeed it does Dan, "ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5200 M56, PCI Express x16,
    256MB GDDR3".

    JHEM, Jul 1, 2006