CUSL2 or MSI 6309

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Reven, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Reven

    Reven Guest

    Hi group.

    I have an old system with a PIII 800E. I want to update my
    motherboard, because actual one doesn't have AGP or ATA100. I've seen
    two old boards with really great comments, but I want the group's
    opinion before buying.

    Which board is best:

    ASUS CUSL2
    -Intel 815 chipset. AGP pro conector(4x), 6xPCI, max 515Mb, etc.
    -No sound?

    MSI 6309 v2.x (the one with the VT82C686B southbridge)
    -VIA Apollo 133 chipset. AGP pro conector(4x), 5xPCI, max 1.5Gb, etc.
    -AC'97 sound on board

    Thanks,

    Reven

    Reven, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Reven

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Intel chip for Intel CPU is best; but if you need more than 512 MB RAM
    (e.g. for Photoshop) then you may prefer the MSI board.

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, Feb 16, 2004