CUSL2 USB ports don't work

Discussion in 'Asus' started by davidrt, Mar 13, 2005.

  1. davidrt

    davidrt Guest

    I just bought a USB scanner and a USB flash drive and can't get any
    response from either on my CUSL2. I can plug the flash drive into my
    laptop, it lights up, is detected by Explorer and works just fine.
    Plug it into my desktop and... nothing. Same with the scanner.

    The CPU is a P3-700mhz and the power supply is a 300-watt unit.

    I'm running XP Pro on both machines. Laptop has SP1, desktop has SP2.
    I tried uninstalling SP2 and plugging in the flash drive but still
    nothing so I reinstalled SP2.

    The USB drives all show fine in Device Manager. I tried removing them
    and letting XP detect them again, which it did with no problem. They
    show no errors, no conflicts, etc. I've tried enabling and disabling
    all of the USB settings I can find in the BIOS (version 1003), but
    that didn't help. I upgraded to version 1009 and tried again, but
    they still don't work.

    Some time ago, I tried a USB game stick. It didn't work, but I wrote
    it off to it being a junk piece anyway (second-hand, got it free).
    Other than that, this is the first time I've tried to use the USB
    ports, so I don't know if they've ever functioned.

    Any help would be much appreciated!

    Dave

    davidrt, Mar 13, 2005

  2. davidrt

    BigJIm Guest

    make sure they are enabled in the bios

    BigJIm, Mar 14, 2005

  3. davidrt

    davethedude Guest

    my Usb ports on my CUSL2 quit working very early on after I purchased
    it.Showed fine in device manager also.finally gave up and bought a
    pci usb addon card. suspect something in that particular circuit may
    have failed.

    davethedude, Mar 14, 2005