    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance,
    Frank Kerfoot

    Guest, Jul 26, 2003

  2. With PSUs you may or may not have any correlation between what's on the
    label and what's inside. Plus, when some capacitors have dried out
    performance can also be degraded a lot. A good quality "300 W" PSU may
    be vastly sufficient for a system like yours, while a cheap and nasty
    one may have trouble with it. You get what you pay for applies here.
    (Except when there's a real bargain, like the 250 W Fortrons that can be
    had on Ebay here for EUR 11 or 12, respectively.)

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Jul 27, 2003