    In particular, I have my project's directory /Users/Me/Projects, and I'd
    like that icon to be exaclty the /Developer icon, but I see no way of
    doing it...

    Sensei, May 20, 2005

  2. Sensei

    Hans Aberg Guest

    Select the folder with the icon you like, and make a "Get Info". Then in
    that Info windo, click on the folder icon. Then make a "Copy". You have
    now copied the image you want to use onto the Clipboard. Then do the same
    for the folder you want to put the picture into, except that you do a
    "Paste" instead of a copy. Perhaps this works with other images as well; I
    haven't tried. One can do funny things, this way, making a file look like
    a folder or vive versa. If one has a fully transparent image, ona can
    display folders and files without an icon.

    Hans Aberg, May 20, 2005

  3. Sensei

    ZnU Guest

    Get info on /Developer. Click the icon in the info window. Copy. Get
    info on the other folder. Click on the icon in the info window. Paste.

    ZnU, May 21, 2005
  4. Sensei

    Sensei Guest

    That's the first thing I've tried, but it doesn't work... nothing
    happens when I paste. The clipboard contains the text ``Developer''
    which is of course correct...

    Sensei, May 21, 2005
  5. Sensei

    Sensei Guest

    I've tried, it copies the text. When an info box is open, the edit menu
    is disabled, no copy/cut/paste is selectable.

    I'm using tiger... does it matter?

    Sensei, May 21, 2005
  6. Sensei

    ZnU Guest

    I've tried, it copies the text. When an info box is open, the edit menu
    is disabled, no copy/cut/paste is selectable.

    I'm using tiger... does it matter?[/QUOTE]

    It sounds like you're not clicking on the icon *in the Get Info window*.
    A light blue outline should appear around it when it's selected. Then
    cut/copy/paste will become available.

    ZnU, May 21, 2005
  7. Sensei

    Sensei Guest

    I was clicking on the big preview... not the small one... once I noticed
    there was the little icon, I tried and it worked! ;)

    Thanks!

    Sensei, May 21, 2005