    the totals and whereas the Big Mac does.

    It is all about marketing and that is how business it, in every kind of
    business there is.

    Dan Sgambelluri, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Kerry Goodnight

    Sparky Guest

    They do get "award winning" support. The problem is that some folks
    expect something else (plus sometimes even "award winning" support sucks).

    Sparky, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Kerry Goodnight

    Sparky Guest

    Why don't you spend your time convincing the tobacco companies to
    explain in detail the health risks of smoking their products first, then
    move on to convincing the fast food companies to explain in detail how
    unhealthy their high calorie/high fat/high sodium items are?

    When I think about the companies that are really screwing the public,
    Dell doesn't even make the list.

    YMMV, of course.

    Sparky, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Kerry Goodnight

    Busman Guest

    It's actually called bait and switch. Show one thing and deliver another.
    Andy

    Busman, Feb 14, 2005
  5. Kerry Goodnight

    S.Lewis Guest

    Hence what many have referred to in this ng as being "the best of the
    worst".

    Other than the buyer's initial purchase price on cheaper units, I'm not sure
    anyone can brag about the situation.

    In effect, "hey, we stink, but we're *still* better than the other guys -
    and we've got an award to prove it."

    A lot has changed since 1999.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 14, 2005
  6. Kerry Goodnight

    Irene Guest

    Can you name me a tobacco company that advertises that it's products are not
    harmful? That would be more a kin to Dell's advertising "Award Winning
    Support", when in fact that level of support hasn't existed for Home
    Computer buyers for more than two years.
    In point of fact, the tobacco companies have web sites that clearly warn of
    the health risks of smoking. Does Dell's web site warn Home Computer buyers
    of the low level of support that they are going to receive with their
    purchase?

    Irene, Feb 14, 2005
  7. Kerry Goodnight

    Dogface Guest

    Agreed.

    But luring customers of today with hints of past awards that are no longer
    applicable to current services levels is just not right. Dell needs to be
    honest and refer to TODAY's service levels and not 1999's.

    I DO hope Dell pulls their service problems out of the crapper since I need
    to deal with them occasionally. They need to get serious about it and I
    just don't get the sense they are otherwise their ratings wouldn't continue
    to decline. Time will tell I guess.

    Dogface, Feb 14, 2005
  8. Kerry Goodnight

    S.Lewis Guest

    I also need to deal with them on occasion, and the last three times I've
    reached Bangalore techs. Refreshingly, I had no problems in communication
    or getting hardware dispatched.

    This is probably because in two cases I had clear error messages from the
    (dell) diagnostics to give them, and in the other case, a hard drive that
    simply couldn't be recognized/detected or accessed.

    In all three cases, I asked the tech politely at the beginning of the call
    if I could explain what steps I'd used to determine the specific failure.
    Apparently that was more than enough for each call and a subsequent
    replacement hardware dispatch.

    I do fully understand, however, that for a new or inexperienced user the
    same call could've likely been very different. It's those kinds of calls
    where support and communication can be really tested.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 14, 2005
  9. maybe for some but for some, it is quite true too

    Dan Sgambelluri, Feb 15, 2005
  10. Kerry Goodnight

    Keith Guest

    How much is the membership fe for DellBots? What are the criteria other than
    haviving the Dell does no wrong attitude? Are there functions and meeetings
    like in Amway?

    Keith, Feb 15, 2005
  11. Kerry Goodnight

    Guess Who Guest

    They wonder WHY the scores have continued to decline? I guess they never
    had to call for support!

    Guess Who, Feb 15, 2005
  12. Kerry Goodnight

    Tom Scales Guest

    It's a very exclusive group and invitation only.

    Clearly you don't make the cut

    Tom Scales, Feb 15, 2005
  13. Kerry Goodnight

    WSZsr Guest

    Proper spelling is one of the prerequisites............

    WSZsr, Feb 15, 2005
  14. Kerry Goodnight

    Keith Guest

    Yeah, I'm having trouble with this keyboard. I hope to get a Dell keyboard
    which could never have a fault.

    Keith, Feb 15, 2005
  15. I think everyone here including Tom and what the Dell Haters call DellBots,
    all agree customer service has gone downhill.

    All PC makers customer service has gone downhill, some more than others.
    What about the other "Award Winning PC companies" as Dell is not the only
    "Award Winning PC Companies" for customer service?

    If you go into the HP, Compaq, Gateway, IBM newsgroups, you will see the
    same customer services problems as Dell is having.

    Dan Sgambelluri, Feb 15, 2005
  16. Kerry Goodnight

    Irene Guest

    That's true for any appliance, tv, etc. Best to have a heavy duty surge
    protector to handle the minor power surges. If lightening strikes, nothing
    will protect it short of unplugging it. I personally have better things to
    do than unplug everything everytime I see a cloud in the sky.

    "lightening"--------Guess you received an exemption to become a member.

    Irene, Feb 15, 2005
  17. Kerry Goodnight

    WSZsr Guest

    Get your head out of your ass Irene. Those are not my words. Check the
    post again....

    WSZsr, Feb 15, 2005
  18. Kerry Goodnight

    WSZsr Guest

    Oooops. That *was* my post. I take it back Irene. Keep your head in your
    ass and keep looking. I'm sure you will find more misspellings..

    WSZsr, Feb 15, 2005
  19. Kerry Goodnight

    Notan Guest

    And lightning rods are for what?

    Notan

    Notan, Feb 15, 2005
  20. Kerry Goodnight

    Irene Guest

    Try looking up "lightening" in your Webster's.

    Irene, Feb 16, 2005