    S.Lewis Guest

    Or that he's googled. I've googled for far too long and now need glasses :)

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 16, 2005

  2. Kerry Goodnight

    S.Lewis Guest

    Are you suggesting she's carrying Dell's love-child? Now there's a
    story....

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 16, 2005

  3. Kerry Goodnight

    Irene Guest

    If we had purchased 3 Dell computers for $1500 and got very little support,
    I would probably agree with you. But, the fact is that we purchased 3 Dell
    Dimension Computers for a total price approaching $9000 and still got very
    little in the way of support. Or to put it in the same terms that you used,
    we received "shitty service".

    How is it then, that Apple can drastically improve their Technical Support
    and Service, and according to the latest survey conducted by Consumer
    Reports, move up into the #1 position, into the position previously held by
    Dell?

    Irene, Feb 16, 2005
  4. Kerry Goodnight

    S.Lewis Guest

    <snip>

    <mandatory response, practiced over the last 3 years>

    "I love you, Ireene, no I reeaally reeally love you."

    :)

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 16, 2005
  5. Kerry Goodnight

    Irene Guest

    Actually, the true facts are that we still have 3 Dell Dimension computers.
    We still are in need of support for them, and are still not getting the kind
    of support that computers costing $3000 each should receive.

    So, until Dell corrects the support problems they have in the Home/Home
    Office division like they did with their other divisions, I WILL keep
    pointing it out, whether you and the other "Dellbots" like it or not..

    Irene, Feb 16, 2005
  6. Kerry Goodnight

    WSZsr Guest

    We really look forward to it Irene !

    WSZsr, Feb 16, 2005
  7. cuz Apple is awesome

    Dan Sgambelluri, Feb 17, 2005
  8. Kerry Goodnight

    S.Lewis Guest

    You pointed that out last week, darlin'. No need to repeat yourself.

    Hugs,

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 17, 2005
  9. Kerry Goodnight

    S.Lewis Guest

    aPPle rulz; dEll droolz man.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 17, 2005
  10. Kerry Goodnight

    Irene Guest

    It appears that I do, since so many of the "Dellbots" keep asking why I am
    still here. >g<

    But, I'll take the "Hugs" anyway.

    Irene

    Irene, Feb 17, 2005
  11. Kerry Goodnight

    Dogface Guest

    you drinkin' again? what kind of lame, nonsensical post!

    Dogface, Feb 17, 2005
  12. Kerry Goodnight

    Dogface Guest

    more like aPPle rulz; dEll spewz...

    Dogface, Feb 17, 2005
  13. Kerry Goodnight

    Sparky Guest

    That's hardly the primary or most common usage for "lightening", Irene:

    Dictionary.com
    Dictionary Thesaurus Web

    6 entries found for lightening.

    lightï¡?en1 Audio pronunciation of "lightening" ( P ) Pronunciation Key
    (ltn)

    v. lightï¡?ened, lightï¡?enï¡?ing, lightï¡?ens
    v. tr.

    1. 1. To make light or lighter; illuminate or brighten.
    2. To make (a color) lighter.

    2. Archaic. To enlighten.

    v. intr.

    1. To become lighter; brighten.
    2. To be luminous; shine.
    3. To give off flashes of lightning.

    Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language,
    Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

    lightï¡?en2 Audio pronunciation of "lightening" ( P ) Pronunciation Key
    (ltn)

    v. lightï¡?ened, lightï¡?enï¡?ing, lightï¡?ens
    v. tr.

    1. To make less heavy.
    2. To lessen the oppressiveness, trouble, or severity of. See Synonyms
    at relieve.
    3. To relieve of cares or worries; gladden.

    v. intr.

    1. To become less in weight.
    2. To become less oppressive, troublesome, or severe.
    3. To become cheerful.

    Phrasal Verb:
    lighten up Informal

    To take matters less seriously: Everything will work out fine, so
    stop worrying and lighten up.

    Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language,
    Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

    lightï¡?enï¡?ing (ltn-ng)

    n. The sensation of decreased abdominal distention during the latter
    weeks of pregnancy following the descent of the fetal head into the
    pelvic inlet.

    Source: The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary
    Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by
    Houghton Mifflin Company.

    Main Entry: lightï¡?enï¡?ing
    Pronunciation: 'lIt-&n-i[ng], 'lIt-ni[ng]
    Function: noun
    : a sense of decreased weight and abdominal tension felt by a pregnant
    woman on descent of the fetus into the pelvic cavity prior to labor

    Source: Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

    lightening

    n 1: descent of the uterus into the pelvic cavity that occurs late in
    pregnancy; the fetus is said to have dropped 2: changing to a lighter
    color [syn: whitening]

    Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

    Sparky, Feb 18, 2005
  14. Kerry Goodnight

    Irene Guest

    I used Webster's New International Dictionary(unabridged) published by
    Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc.

    The only entry for the specific spelling---"lightening" is:

    "a sense of decreased weight and abdominal tension felt by a pregnant woman
    on descent of the fetus into the pelvic cavity prior to labor."
    This was also the only definition that I was familiar with for the specific
    spelling--"lightening". So that is what I quoted.

    In this particular dictionary, the other definitions that you quoted, plus a
    few you did not include were found under "lightning".

    So I guess it all depends on the source and how far into "common use", ie
    slang that it delves. The Webster's International Dictionary tends to lean
    toward the more formal. I find that many "commonly" used and "slang" words
    are not even included in this dictionary.

    Oh, yes, if you look over your post carefully, you will find that some of
    what you quoted were pronunciation keys and not the actual spelling of the
    word.

    Irene, Feb 18, 2005
  15. Kerry Goodnight

    Dogface Guest

    you have no idea how glad i am that we have gotten this all ironed out! now
    i can finally get some sleep cuz this has been keepin me up, tossin and
    turnin'. couldn't get to sleep so i decided to call dell's tech support
    line to see if they were there, just like the commercial. hot damn they
    were! sorry to keep all you others waiting on the support line a little
    while longer.

    <post lightened>

    Dogface, Feb 18, 2005
  16. Kerry Goodnight

    Irene Guest

    The "English" in your post looks just about how the Dell Tech Support person
    that I conversed with, about a problem with one of our Dimensions, spoke.

    Irene, Feb 18, 2005