    models.
    Do you know if the motherboard supports this type of disk addressing?
    Thanks

    buteo, Jan 23, 2006

  2. buteo

    Paul Guest

    If you can find one of these, not only does it solve your
    concern about 48bit LBA, it also supports faster transfer
    rates than you could expect from the interfaces on your board.
    At one time, these were bundled with Maxtor 80GB hard drives,
    so there should be a few of these available used.

    PROMISE ULTRA133 TX2 PCI IDE Controller Card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16816102007

    Otherwise, contact Asus tech support and ask them the question.
    The BIOS maintainers must know the answer to this.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jan 23, 2006