    know which one, or what to say.

    I know that slaving the CD to the HDD is not great, but its for a
    backup computer, as I plan to install Linux on my best computer, so thats OK.

    BORGWARD, Sep 15, 2004

  2. BORGWARD

    Jim Phelps Guest

    Hi Tom, Go to Control Panel, System, Device Manager and remove the CD.
    Reboot and see if Windoze will fix things. Don't really understand
    what you mean by "D: is in the middle of C:". There is a function in
    DOS that used to do such a thing, but I don't think Windoze likes it.
    I have three systems with CD slaved to HD and have no problems, but on
    the other hand I don't use them for much. Luck, Jim

    Jim Phelps, Sep 15, 2004