    Any suggestions for less expensive alternatives to get a similar hardware
    platform? Maybe a more robust Latitude where some of the add-ons are
    standard, or maybe the new E line?

    Casual observer, Aug 13, 2008

  2. Casual observer

    S.Lewis Guest

    If you don't have to have a Dell, I came across this crazy price on a
    Gateway 14.1" - hardware loaded - with WinVista Home Premium 64-bit:

    http://tinyurl.com/5kqok7

    - or -

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...de=cii_5784816&cpncode=18-15859175-2?sid=2537

    Obviously not going to be as durable as a Latitude and it has only a 5400rpm
    (250GB) HDD (which you could replace if you wanted), but plenty of CPU and
    RAM.

    S.Lewis, Aug 13, 2008