    the problem is that when i start up the system the PS2 keyboard works for a few seconds then hangs, i can get into BIOS, but after that it hangs.
    Also it doesnt boot anymore, after POST theres only a black screen

    Has anyone got any ideas ?

    rufee, Jul 7, 2010
  2. rufee

    phlashman

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2010
    My first suggestion would be to flash your BIOS, but since that's not an option, try these.

    1.Try pulling the CMOS battery and resetting your BIOS.

    2. It could very well be a hardware problem...unplug everything one at a time (CD ROM drive...Modems...sound cards etc.)

    3. Do the standard memory test..remove and try booting with one etc...

    If after all that and still no solution, might wanna start searching for another mobo.

    Hope this helps

    phlashman, Jul 10, 2010