    another NIC with the WOL cable. Any advice?

    Thanks,
    --Dan

    dg, Dec 19, 2003

  2. dg

    Markeau Guest

    I have the similar 805emv2 with onboard lan. In XPpro, device manager
    shows at least 2 "wake on" settings, does yours show any? Are you
    using the lan drivers for the mobo from the intel website (I am)? I
    believe the intel lan driver installs a thing called PROset II which
    has the "wake on" (and a lot more) settings.

    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Product_Filter.asp?ProductID=610

    Markeau, Dec 20, 2003

  3. dg

    Markeau Guest

    I have the similar 850emv2 (sheesh)

    Markeau, Dec 20, 2003
  4. dg

    dg Guest

    I will forward the link to the owner of the motherboard. It doesn't make
    much sense that I would need to install a new driver, as the computer isn't
    even turned on when I send the WOL packet- so no driver would even be
    loaded. Maybe I just need the driver to enable the WOL function?

    Thanks,
    --Dan

    dg, Dec 29, 2003
  5. dg

    Markeau Guest

    Have you looked all through the BIOS settings? Also, there might be an
    upgraded BIOS on the intel site.

    Markeau, Dec 30, 2003