    Can someone please tell me what might be the problem..can improper voltage
    be getting supplied to the cpu... or could a faulty power supply do that
    when the system is under load? TIA

    him, Feb 15, 2010

  2. him

    Tom Lake Guest

    I have an Intel D865PERL with a P4 3.06 GHz processor and 4 GB RAM
    that has the same problem.

    I've tried different power supplies with no difference. I'm using the Intel
    retail P4 with the stock cooling fan so maybe it's just not up to the task
    of keeping the P4 cool. It's not my primary machine so it's not
    critical to me but it would be nice to know how to fix it.

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Feb 16, 2010