    button, turn off, starts up fine. Using 22 bios (from 2/04). Continue to use
    this pc with suspicion. Any tips would be appreciated.
    John

    John, Apr 10, 2004

  2. John

    Mistoffolees Guest

    If the system was functioning prior to the bios update, then
    what was the rationale for doing the update? Do one of 2 things:
    Re-flash with the previous bios revision or replace the DVD with
    another, even for testing to determine if it is the at fault.

    Mistoffolees, Apr 10, 2004

  3. John

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Adding to earlier reply: Describe the power supply for this
    system. Make, Wattage and age.

    Mistoffolees, Apr 10, 2004
  4. John

    JohnJ Guest

    Hi,

    Thank you for your responses I actually had the P21 bios and the same
    problem happened. With P21, I had to physically disconnect all internal
    cords before the pc would post. Went to P22. Now a manual power down gets my
    pc running again. This is definitely progress because I don't have to open
    the case.

    TruePower 380Watt ATX12V power supply with single fan design for enhanced
    quietness

    I've built many pcs before and this is a first for me. I use ASUS and Intel
    boards. This is a Sonata case from Antec.

    John

    JohnJ, Apr 12, 2004
  5. John:

    I have the same motherboard and was experiencing some minor boot problems
    initially and have resolved it by putting a delay in the hard drive
    detection. My computer would go though the post and then would sit with the
    cursor in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I put in a 2 second
    delay and the system is now stable.

    What type of memory do you have on the motherboard?? I am using 1GB of
    Corsair memory (TWIN1024-3200C2PT) with the default timing settings as
    established by the BIOS by detecting the SPD.

    I did try more aggressive setting but changed them back when I started
    having the boot problem. After resolving the boot problem I will eventually
    get around to changing the setting again.

    Computer Details:

    Cooler Master Case
    Intel D875PBZLK (Boxed Motherboard with P22 BIOS)
    Intel 3.2GHz Pentium IV Chip (Boxed)
    Antec 550W Power Supply
    1GB Corsair RAM
    SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS
    ASUS V9880 Ultra 256MB Video Adapter
    2 - Western Digital 250GB SATA Hardrives (7200 RPM 8MB Buffer)
    1 - Plextor DVD
    1 - Plextor CDRW
    1- Iomega ZIP 750MB
    1 - Floppy Drive

    Regards
    Robert Willis

    Robert Willis, Apr 12, 2004
  6. John

    JohnJ Guest

    Robert,
    What I did was Disable Rapid Boot. And for the first time since I've had
    this board, I heard a Beep at post. Never heard the beep before. Using
    Simpletech ram which has always worked for me in the past. How do I put a

    JohnJ, Apr 13, 2004
  7. John

    Paul Guest

    Paul, Apr 13, 2004
  8. Hard Drive Pre-Delays are user adjustable in the BIOS. default is none.

    James Tramutolo, Apr 16, 2004
  9. John

    Garre Guest

    I am beginning to wonder about this board. Again, a "no post" problem
    this
    I have a 865 PERL and when I update to last Bios (April 2004) I find the
    same problem.
    When I show the Intel's bios logo my post is normal.
    When I hide the Intel's bios --> No Post.

    I've re-flash with the previous bios revision.

    Garre, Apr 16, 2004
  10. John

    h2so4 Guest

    Is it possible that your problem rests with your Corsair memory? More
    specifically the limitations on Intel boards on raising the DIMM voltage. I
    have an Abit IC7-G (875P chipset) and I and many other Abit users have found
    it necessary to raise our DIMM voltage to 2.7 or 2.75v in order to boot or
    install Windows. Have you looked on Corsair's House of Help support forum?

    h2so4, Apr 17, 2004