    I have uninstalled in Control Panel and am still unable to re-install.

    Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Bullwinkle, May 3, 2007

  2. Bullwinkle

    GHalleck Guest

    And you thought that Microsoft Vista had all of the current drivers
    for existing and legacy hardware. Tried http://www.sigmatel.com/ for
    support or end-product support?

    GHalleck, May 3, 2007

  3. Bullwinkle

    Bob Bailin Guest

    You probably should have uninstalled the XP audio driver before
    upgrading to Vista. Try going into Device Manager and uninstalling
    the sigmatel drivers that might be installed, left over from XP. This
    should leave you with an unknown device when you reboot.

    If it still finds a Sigmatel driver to install on your system, let it install,
    uninstall the device (again) and then delete those driver files in the
    %systemdir%/system32 and/or %systemdir%/system32/drivers
    directories.

    At this point you should be able to install the AUD_ALLVISTA
    driver. If not, go into regedit and delete any and all 'sigmatel'
    keys you find and try again.

    Bob

    Bob Bailin, May 3, 2007
  4. Bullwinkle

    Tom Lake Guest

    I have the same problem on an Intel DG965WH. Intel has no suggestions and
    SigmaTel doesn't support end users. Fortunately, I also have the previous
    revision which does work. I can email it to you if you'd like and you can
    use it until the next revision comes out which may or may not fix the
    problem.

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, May 12, 2007
  5. Bullwinkle

    Gojira Guest

    The best suggestion is - uninstall Vista,install XP,and wait at least until
    SP1 comes out for Vista before you even think about using it.

    Gojira, May 13, 2007
  6. Hello Tom,
    The SigmaTel driver I'm running on my DG965WH is named:
    AUD_ALLVISTA_6.10.5405_PV_SIGMATEL.EXE
    I downloaded it from the Intel web site and have no problem with my sound.

    Try uninstalling your current audio driver and then installing this one. See if all works OK before
    trying to update it.

    Kenneth Raich, May 13, 2007
  7. Bullwinkle

    Tom Lake Guest

    I have the same problem on an Intel DG965WH. Intel has no suggestions and
    That was the second thing I tried (after installing over the top of the
    previous driver). Intel says it's a common problem but has no fix.
    How did you get so lucky? 8^)

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, May 13, 2007
  8. Bullwinkle

    ssurfr Guest

    It was challenging to find a solution to this issue, but I finally
    did. First, it was necessary to fix the registry so that Intel Audio
    Studio could be removed, which I thankfully found references to on
    other forums. But no matter what else I did, the "current" Intel
    Sigmatel driver AUD_ALLVISTA_6.10.5405_V73_PV_IDT wouldn't install
    properly for me and obviously doesn't work for many others.

    I should set the groundwork by stating that my issue like many of you
    was getting sound to work after a migration from XP to Vista(32 bit).
    (975xbx mobo) I lucked upon a version of the Vista Sigmatel drivers
    that enabled sound to work on my configuration and I believe it is
    worth a try by others.

    The driver from the following location:
    http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/2...v3-windows-vista-vista-x64-free-download.html
    was able to install and function correctly when all others would not.
    Note that after installation I rebooted and Vista determined it needed
    to update the audio driver (sigmatel codec....) which it did on its
    own and everything operates properly. (I had tried various approaches
    related to uninstalling the audio driver etc prior to downloading this
    version of the sigmatel set to no avail.)

    I'll be monitoring Intel site for their approved upgrade some day, but
    for now this seems to do the trick. Note I have not tested for Skype,
    Audio on the front panel, and other tests that need to be performed.
    But at this point just getting sound to install and operate is a very
    favorable development.

    ssurfr, May 20, 2007