    E) A resource fork and no data fork.
    F) Data, but no forks whatsoever.

    Thanks.

    Tim Murray, Sep 3, 2004

  2. Tim Murray

    Thomas Reed Guest

    All possible, though I'm not 100% sure of E. There is a definite
    difference between an empty resource fork and no resource fork. (An
    empty resource fork contains structural data.) There is no such
    difference with data forks, so thus it may be that any file is
    considered to have a data fork.
    Not possible, because that's meaningless, at least as far as the file
    system is concerned. If you have a file, it *must* have either a data
    or resource fork.

    Thomas Reed, Sep 3, 2004

  3. F is not possible. Every Mac file has one or both forks. In other
    words, a flat file containing data has a data fork.

    Michelle Steiner, Sep 3, 2004
  4. F is not real.
    B and B are possible, but exceedingly unlikely. A, D and E were all
    quite common prior to OS X. Under OS X, the resource fork isn't actually
    deprecated, but its use is discouraged in new development.

    Gregory Weston, Sep 4, 2004