Data Corruption with A7N8X-E and 160 GB HD

Discussion in 'Asus' started by grunge09, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. grunge09

    grunge09 Guest

    Anyone havting problems with data corruption on win98se (FAT32 FS)

    The PC is :

    Asus A7n8x-E - 2500 Barton CPU Stock Cooling
    512 Kingston DDR PC 2700
    WDC 160GB 8MB Cache Drive + 60 GB Maxtor HD (same controller)
    52x CDRW + 16x DVD ROM (Secondary controller)
    Win98se.

    It had a 30 GB IDE with fresh install of win98 like 1 month ago. I used
    Ghost to clone the drive.

    Started getting blue screens, boot into safe mode, boot hangs. Re-instal of
    OS so far has cured it.

    But Also getting odd problems with a 250 GB IDE (fresh install) on a new
    400sc Dell too.

    Any Ideas???

    grunge09, Mar 2, 2004

  2. grunge09

    DL Guest

    I havent used win98 for a loooong time, but did it have the same probs with
    later o/s as regards large drives?
    If so and you formated prior to enabling biglba, there have been posts
    suggesting corruption unless you reformated after biglba enabled.

    DL, Mar 2, 2004