Date time going resetting every time booting

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by Minardi, Jan 14, 2006.

  1. Minardi

    Minardi Guest

    Why my gateway 9300 e always asking for new time and date every time
    rebooting?
    Where can I locate battery for bios?

    Thanks
    Minardi

    Minardi, Jan 14, 2006

  2. Minardi

    Smith Guest

  3. Minardi

    Ben Myers Guest

    The CMOS battery responsible for maintaining date and time and other BIOS
    settings is dead. If the 9300 is a notebook, refer to the owner's manual for
    the computer to disassemble the computer and repalce the CMOS battery. If the
    9300 is a desktop/tower, the battery is a C2032 3v Lithium battery the size of a
    small coin. It can be replaced easily and inexpensively... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 14, 2006
  4. Minardi

    Minardi Guest

    Thanks a lot Ben.