    I am showing a speed of 333 MHz and I can't figure a way to up that.
    My ram is Geil PC3200 400MHz.

    Help would be appreciated.

    six, Dec 26, 2004

  2. See the manual for setting the ram speed. But - I own this board and it
    would not post at 400 most of the time until I maxed the ram speed (Crucial
    PC3200) at 333. So you might be better of as you are. The performance
    difference is negligible.

    John McDonnell, Dec 26, 2004

  3. six

    Mike Guest

    Mike, Dec 26, 2004
  4. six

    six Guest

    Thanks for the Reply guys. Mike, I looked at that chart and it makes
    no real sense to me. I have one stick of DDR 400 and it is in slot 1.
    What do you recommend based on that?

    Thanks,

    six, Dec 26, 2004
  5. six

    Mike Guest

    I am at a loss. Based on the chart, one stick of double or single sided
    RAM in any slot should be 400Mhz.
    I'm not an AMD knowledgable person, but my question is, is the processor
    running at 200 fsb and not 166 fsb?

    Mike, Dec 27, 2004
  6. six

    six Guest

    Hey Mike,
    It is set at 200 and has been at that speed from the start.
    Would 166 make it show 400 on the RAM?

    six, Dec 27, 2004
  7. six

    Mike Guest

    Your going to need the help of an AMD person. It seems to me, without
    knowing the board or the processor, that the fsb wants to be at 166.
    Double that and you have the RAM at 333.

    Mike, Dec 28, 2004
  8. six

    Gollum Guest

    No. 166 would make it show up as 333. 200 should be correct for 400.
    What CPU are you using? Have you tried raising the RAM voltage
    slightly?

    Gollum

    Gollum, Dec 28, 2004
  9. six

    six Guest

    Athlon 64 3200+ 13 Micron

    Nope, on the voltage, kinda skeered! :)

    six, Jan 1, 2005
  10. six

    six Guest

    200 is what my FSB is set at, btw. Still getting 333.

    six, Jan 1, 2005
  11. Hey how goes it?
    I've built many AMD systems with ECS, ASUS, and MSI boards. the speed of
    your ram depends greatly on many factors. 1 If you use high performance/over
    clocking settings, that will choke back the ram sometimes, because it
    automatically adjusts the ram. You're better off using user settings to OC,
    Have you tried using SPD for your ram? That usually works for me. I have
    Geil ram in my system, and it's went from an ECS L7S7A2 to an ASUS K7N8X-X
    to my current K7N2 Delta ILSR and ran in all 3. I have an AMD XP 2500, which
    of course runs at 333 FSB <166> but my Ram I have at 400 mhz. If I use the
    default high performance/OC settings in the bios, my ram automatically goes
    back to 333. And you cant adjust it back in the bios using the HP/OC
    setting.

    John

    John Edmister, Mar 28, 2005