    CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual
    Channel Kit TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF
    a.. Cas Latency: 3

    name, Mar 4, 2008

  2. name

    Ron Krebs Guest

    Forget the Corsair and go with G.Skill

    Ron Krebs, Mar 4, 2008

  3. name

    name Guest

    Aside from saving $100 for CAS 4 what's the advantage? Are Corsair and
    G.Skill comparable?

    name, Mar 4, 2008
  4. name

    Ron Krebs Guest

    G. Skill uses D9 micron chips (arguably the best out there) and if you check
    the spec voltages of both, you'll see that G.Skill has a lower voltage range
    for its spec latency providing for more oc-ing ability and stability. I
    don't know, but maybe the XMS series are also now using the D9MGH IC's Try
    to find a matched pair whose rated speed and latency is listed at the lowest
    voltage. It doesn't mean you have to stay within that range, it just means
    that's what they were spec-ed at. I haven't checked them recently but when
    I got mine over a year ago, the G.Skill sticks always seemed to be listed at
    1.9 to 2.1 volts, whereas most of the rest were listed at 2.2v. Depends on
    if you plan to overclock much or perhaps not at all. I also read the
    customer reviews before I buy and G.Skill had by far the most satisfied
    buyers. Corsair, Mushkin, Crucial, et. al. have been around longer than
    G.Skill and hence the popularity. But I've never seen a newcomer rise so
    quickly in the ranks as G.Skill has. That alone says something.

    Ron

    Ron Krebs, Mar 4, 2008
  5. name

    name Guest

    Thanks, really good info.
    I'll research G.Skill and see what I turn up.

    john

    name, Mar 4, 2008
  6. name

    Supernews Guest