    My aopen board has a P4 2.0g, 400fsb cpu, does the ddr ram run at 333 or 266
    because of the cpu at 400fsb?

    Thanks

    TMTupper, Jul 10, 2003

  2. TMTupper

    c Guest

    It depends on what board you have, what speed your memory is and what the
    BIOS settings are for the memory speed.

    Chris

    c, Jul 10, 2003

  3. TMTupper

    TMTupper Guest

    The board is a AX45n-533 made by Aopen, the ram is Samsung, DDR333, speed
    for ram is set to AUTO.

    CPU is a P4 2.0g 512k cache, 400mhz FSB

    TMTupper, Jul 10, 2003
  4. TMTupper

    TMTupper Guest

    I have done the latest BIOS, what I see in the CMOS is a setting 3:4 3:5,
    DRam setting, does that make sense?

    TMTupper, Jul 10, 2003
  5. TMTupper

    Dwood Guest

    I may be very wrong but dosen`t ddr run at 266max for 400fsb? and runs at
    333 for 533fsb? Technically its under utilised so the best chance to get max
    performance out of your memory is to set at 2 5 2 2 and hope for the best...

    Dwood, Jul 10, 2003
  6. TMTupper

    c Guest

    c, Jul 10, 2003
  7. TMTupper

    TMTupper Guest

    When I see settings of 1:1, 3:4 and 3:5, which is the better ratio to
    choose?

    TMTupper, Jul 10, 2003
  8. TMTupper

    c Guest

    c, Jul 10, 2003
  9. TMTupper

    Dwood Guest

    Fyi You may be looking at overclocking ratio between agp/pci dividers and
    the fsb ... i may be wrong again!

    Dwood, Jul 10, 2003
  10. TMTupper

    TMTupper Guest

    I like these boards, but the setup info on them is not too clear,

    TMTupper, Jul 12, 2003