    and crud will collect in the contacts.

    If I could get a non-battery cover to keep dust and corosion out of the battery port it would be a
    no-brainer, but since i've never seen anything like that - - - ?

    Larry LaMere, May 14, 2006

  2. Larry LaMere

    Joe Guest

    Open your dead battery and gut out it's electronic components leaving out
    only the battery case shell that you then put back together and you'll have
    a perfect "non" battery cover. Make sure you dispose of the dead battery
    components safely.

    That what I did for my Thinkpad.

    Joe

    Joe, May 14, 2006

  3. Larry LaMere

    Joe Guest

    Open your dead battery and gut out it's electronic components leaving out
    only the battery case shell that you then put back together and you'll have
    a perfect "non" battery cover.  Make sure you dispose of the dead battery
    components safely.

    That's what I did for my Thinkpad.

    Joe

    Joe, May 14, 2006
  4. Larry LaMere

    M.I.5¾ Guest

    Be very VERY careful. If you damage the cells, they are still capable of
    burning your house down.

    M.I.5¾, May 15, 2006
  5. I'd leave it in. If it's dead, I don't think that it does charge.

    Barry Watzman, May 16, 2006
  6. Larry LaMere

    Larry LaMere Guest

    Too late, I took the batteries out and put the empty case back in.

    The battery did show charging for a minute or two then the charge indicator in the power management
    area showed 100% but as soon as the power cord was removed the charge disapeared (the battery
    indicator light went out). I was concerned about the magnitude of any charging current putting
    stress on the charging circuit.

    Larry LaMere, May 16, 2006