DEAD.... NO POWER..MotherBoard

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Darkronn, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Darkronn

Darkronn

Hello All, I could use a little help here. I would say I have more than average knowledge when it come to computer. But I have a problem. This is my first build from scatch and after I got everything in place and went to pwr up I got NOTHING, no fans no light no nothing. So I tested the PS as the manufacturer stated, by jumping out the green wire with any black and the the fans and the light on the pwr supply worked, I even hooked up other fans and the DVD drive (open and closed it) with the jumper in place. But soon as I plug in the motherboard I get NOTHING when I pwr up. I replaced the battery and cleared the CMOS. Still nothing. Could it be the brand new motherboard???? I am using MSI K9AG NEO2 MB.

Darkronn, Aug 19, 2007
  2. Darkronn

Darkronn

Since I've posted this thread I've checked the pwr supply more thourghly by using a multimeter and checking the voltages at each pin. All voltages were correct. So let me asked another question... with the motherboard plug in to pwr should I at least get the fans running or something I get nothing. Would bad ram or CPU cause this...NOTHING...please help....

Darkronn, Aug 19, 2007
Ask a Question