    any ideas, motherboad, pwer supply or processor fault,

    any help would be appreciated

    AJ:

    hi-ho, Oct 1, 2005

  2. hi-ho

    Clark Guest

    Do you hear any beeps (you may need headset)? Do any other lights come on?
    Any fans running? Did you have any problems prior to it quitting? Have you
    tried resetting the CMOS? Sometimes unplugging and replugging the power
    supply cord might help.

    Trouble shooting usually starts with the easiest/least expensive method. I
    suppose that would be to try to rearrange or remove the memory (some or all)
    to see if the symptoms change. Also check all your connections and make sure
    the CPU fan is running, the power connectors are seated, and the video plug
    is securely in.

    If that doesn't do anything, I would start removing devices on the system,
    and strip it down to the basics, like the motherboard, processor, memory,
    and video. Unplug the IDE devices and remove any extra cards you have
    installed. If the symptoms change, like maybe you can now get to the Bios,
    go from there by adding back 1 device at a time.

    After that, I would think either of getting a test power supply, or a cheap
    Celeron that works on your board to check. Maybe someone you know has such
    things or you have a local shop that would check it for you.

    The only way you can check the motherboard, is to eliminate everything else.
    I found the site below if you are good at reading flow charts and
    troubleshooting diagrams.

    http://www.fonerbooks.com/power.htm

    Good Luck,
    Clark