debug u-boot using BDI2000

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by SuperMario, Dec 18, 2006.

  1. SuperMario

    SuperMario Guest

    Hello all

    I am making a RS232 - datalogger for my MasterThesis in the university.
    My environment is
    BDI2000 debugger
    GNU toolchain
    AT91RM9200

    The work is simply to take input signals from the USART port and send
    it to the SD card.
    Can anyone please answer the following quesitons ?

    1. I have u-boot running on my board. Is there a way to achieve my goal
    by just using the u-boot. I am using FAT system on the SD card.
    2. Is using Linux image a good idea. If yes . where can I find the
    linux Image for my arm board ?
    3. how can i debug u-boot using the BDI2000 ?
    4. I used Windows Hyperterminal to download the basic Atmel examples
    and it runs fine.. how can i use minicom to do it ? i configured it for
    8N1 and xmodem /dev/ttyS0 but i dont see anyting which i could see
    throh hyperterminal in windows
    5. With the Atmel MCI sample code, i can recognise my SD card but
    cannot save anyting .of course due to unavilaiblity of the FAT drivers.
    How can i solve it ?

    Regards

    Tutu

    SuperMario, Dec 18, 2006

  2. SuperMario

    Jack Klein Guest

    Atmel used to have a version of Linux configured to run on their
    AT91RM9200 evaluation board, it was on the SDK CD. They probably
    still have it available on their web site somewhere, although I
    couldn't find it just now with a quick search.

    Contact Atmel's technical support.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Dec 18, 2006

  3. SuperMario

    Dan Henry Guest

    The link to it is in a 'stickied' post in the AT91 Forum's Linux
    sub-forum:

    http://www.at91.com/www/phpBB2_mirror/viewtopic.php4?t=322

    Dan Henry, Dec 19, 2006
  4. SuperMario

    Tutu Guest

    the link inside this Atmel post doesnt work ! But there were other
    stuffs which I could pick up ..such as minicom configuration !
    Also, I am using parallel flash and most of the solutions were based on
    DataFlash and that too only the kernel image is provided. I cant really
    find the source code to compile.

    Tutu, Dec 19, 2006
  5. SuperMario

    Dan Henry Guest

    Well then,

    http://www.at91.com
    Then click the "Community Forum" link.
    Then select the "Linux" forum.
    Then select the "Announcement: Linux-2.4.27 package for AT91RM9200"

    Dan Henry, Dec 19, 2006
  6. SuperMario

    Dominic Guest

    Instead of relying on an ancient 2.4 kernel (2.4.27 was released august
    2004), you should get the latest 2.6 prepatch for which there's an AT91
    specific patch at http://maxim.org.za/at91_26.html (currently 2.6.20-rc1).
    A lot of AT91 patches were already merged into the mainline kernel, the
    patches add fixes and enhancements that didn't make it into mainline yet.

    You're not saying which board you're using - there might be some work
    involved porting Linux over to your particular board.

    Regards,

    Dominic

    Dominic, Dec 19, 2006